Telenor Maritimes’ Wi-Fi solution is a premium managed service designed to give the user a Quality of Experience (QoE). Our seamless login from mobile phones is as well as being able to purchase airtime from ship-owner web when ordering tickets is crucial for increased service usage.
We plan and engineer the network. Our management platform monitors the user experience, network health and traffic levels. Sales solutions for vouchers, credit card authentication and the billing are integrated. Our access control interface enables bandwidth configuration, traffic shaping and QoS settings per network and for applications among other functions. We guarantee excellent QoS and fair access to our customers while maintaining a clear overview of network status and usage.
The Wi-Fi solution has location-based services enabling analysis of passenger behaviors. Via our customized application on mobile devices, we can create a simple, friendly channel for ship personnel to interact with guests, also perfect for onboard marketing and communications.
- Optimal Network Planning and Engineering
- Services require different bandwidth and densities of the access point. E.g. voice over Wi-Fi and local content streaming require higher density to achieve low latency and high speeds for a satisfactory user experience
- QoS Management
- Bandwidth allocation and control
- Traffic Shaping
- Premium access
- Wi-Fi Payment Solution (WPS)
- Voucher and Credit Card Payment
- Integration with Online Booking
- Capacity monitoring
- VAT Handling
- Performance Monitoring and Alarm Handling
- Application integration
- Optimized backhaul solutions